Radiant Dreamscapes
Radiant Dreamscapes

Monday, January 10, 2005

I want....

I want patience, self respect, a nice big hug and freedom tied on a long very long loose string. I want washing the car on a Sunday morning with a soapy kid, chamois squeezes and water hose drenches. I want my intelligence appreciated despite moments of mind-boggling stupidity. I want spontaneous camping trips of tent-pitching fun to Peru and Brazil at 40, 50, 60. I want a full conversation in the morning drive to work that I can dig in and nourish myself with throughout the rest of the day and I want silences during scenic train rides that can be understood for the mistakes they may be. I want weaknesses not to be mistaken for character flaws. I want movies I can watch as comfortably as brilliant sunsets. I want a big jolly joint account with responsibilities that we, not you and me share. I want an army of support that always closes ranks behind me when I tackle the world. I want arguments to disintegrate into laughter when catalyzed by compromise. I want peace as purely as it exists in prayers we both understand and respect. I want bouquets of red roses, a hidden wish uncovered and understood and presented in a white box tied with a gauzy ribbon of white-lilac. I want faith that moves mountains to bless the best in us so that we never resort to the other's worst to feel better. I want a hot cup of coffee with legs curled up on a warm sofa set to the scent of a languid evening. I want a hand to slip into mine 5 seconds before the next time I am knocked back that tightens just so that I never need fight my demons on my own again. I want a gaze, a wink, a warmth I can toast to across a tableful of tumult, a smile between soul mates living a passion tangled score on tender reprise...

Posted by Dewdrop :: 12:43 PM :: 7 Scribbles!

Scribble your mind!

---------------------------------------