Radiant Dreamscapes
Radiant Dreamscapes

Thursday, April 07, 2005





"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta"

Those are the first few lines of the famous and controversial Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I'm almost half way through it. Its a story of a young 12 year old nymphet, and her forty something year old seducer. Though technically its a brilliant comic-serious read, I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth. I have always been broad-minded about sexual inclinations of people. I have known some homosexual people and I have never treated them differently. Never felt differently about them. But when it comes to people who are sexually attracted to children I am left speechless. How how how can any one be a pedophile? Child marriages were an accepted part of the society once upon a time. But then so was Sati! What really triggers off these sexual senses? Is there any psychological explanation behind pedophiles? Would they have been different in different circumstances? How can anything ever explain wanting to have sex with a child?

Posted by Dewdrop :: 2:38 PM :: 14 Scribbles!

Scribble your mind!

---------------------------------------