Radiant Dreamscapes
Radiant Dreamscapes

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Being ripped

Have you had folks around you who take your wallet for granted? I think this is a terrible quality to have in a friend. One of my colleague had this habit of borrowing my money but never paid back. I didn’t want to be stingy but after a point I couldn’t afford supporting her. I finally said something to her at lunch when she had forgotten her wallet and figured she didn’t need it as long as I had cash. After paying for her lunch that day, I told her she now owed me 20 bucks plus 6.50 for today’s lunch. She gave me an appalled look and said, ‘Oh I didn’t know we were counting.” The people who owe the money never do the counting. The people getting ripped off have numbers running thru their head like an autistic person.

If I wanted to give for charity I would find a better cause than a woman who makes 10,000 extra dollars than I do a year, owns one summer villa in FL, and has an active 401K. There is a happy medium between stalking your colleague for 2 bucks and shelling out money like an ATM. I think the best way to deal with such people is to feign constant poverty, because with a friend like that, it soon won’t be far from truth.

Posted by Dewdrop :: 12:06 AM :: 33 Scribbles!

Scribble your mind!

---------------------------------------