Radiant Dreamscapes
Radiant Dreamscapes

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

D(r)ead Lines

I tend to while away time and work up the last minutes to meet my deadlines much like the scenario below:

Day 1:
Project A needs to be delivered in 14 days
Oh there is still a lot of time left
Fair enough, I try something out.
Nope, that sucks.
Oh well, I'll try another day..."

Days pass by....

Day 13:
Project A needs to be delivered TOMORROW!!!
Okay, I must focus
Let me try something out
Hmm, that sucks,
Well how about tweaking stuff here and there, yeah, better -
Okay, Im getting there.
BUT dang, only 4 hours left until the meeting....

What I have realized is that the best way to deal with such issues is to set your personal deadlines, way before the delivery date. Needless to say I perform well under pressure, I just have problems convincing myself into taking my own deadlines seriously :-)

However there is a catch on this subject.
(to be continued...)

Posted by Dewdrop :: 1:40 PM :: 31 Scribbles!

Scribble your mind!

---------------------------------------